Fly me to the Clouds (Ep 1 - Azure) feat. Aswin C. (incl workshop)
So, it's a new theme and we'll be exploring how Cloud has been impacting the business and tech industry. Some has liken it as magazine subscription while Larry Ellison of Oracle associates is with "fashion-driven" analogy.
Our first episode of the Cloud series will be presented by one of the Cloud giant - Microsoft Azure. Aswin is the Technical Evangelist and he's more than qualified to discuss about Cloud Computing market in recent years.
8.30 - 9:00 am : Registration
9:00 - 9:15 am : Welcome from #WWCKL
9:15 - 9:30 am : Keynote (Dinesh Nair, Director, Developer Experience & Evangelism, Microsoft Malaysia)
9:30 - 10:15 am : Session 1 - "The Cloud"
10:15 - 10:30 am : Networking/Break
10:30 - 11:15 am : Session 2 - "Building website with Azure Web Apps"
11:15 - 12:15 pm : Workshop / Hands-on Lab (refer to prerequisite to benefit from this)
12:15 - 1:00 pm : Lunch (Will be provided) & Mingle
- Learn about Microsoft Azure through Microsoft Virtual Academy.
- Bring your own laptop
- Download and Install Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition in your laptop.
- Create an Azure trial account here. If you have MSDN subscription, you can activate your MSDN benefits for Azure here.
***Special promotion for LADIES ONLY! Message us (Facebook message or shout in Slack) a reason to discount, then we'll send you a discount code. The more creative you are, the higher discount (Free, maybe)! :)***
1. Is it a must that I register through Peatix?
Absolutely YES! The building management policy requires that the participants to register to gain entry to Microsoft office. We may need to turn you away if you are not registered.
2. The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Not really, registered name and NRIC/passport number will be used for venue registration at Petronas KLCC Tower 3. Please register with your name as on your NRIC / passport.
3. Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No age limit, but ID/passport is required to enter Petronas KLCC Tower 3.
4. Is there any dress code?
Smart casual is preferred, casual wear is fine but please do not wear slippers/sandals, short pants and round-neck t-shirt.
- The event description was updated. Diff 2015-09-28 13:40:47